The City of Atlanta remains prepared for inclement weather response. The safety and drivability of our roadways is imperative in maintaining access to emergency facilities such as hospitals, police and fire stations, and emergency shelters. It is also essential to preserve a network of key, preselected and prioritized routes that provide reasonable access to most city streets as quickly as possible.
BE PREPARED FOR WINTER WEATHER CONDITIONS
- In the event of a winter weather emergency, avoid driving if possible.
- Monitor weather reports and pay attention to cautionary advisories to stay off the roads.
- If you must be on the road, plan ahead! Have a full gas tank and allow for extra travel time.
- Plan travel route! Take the safest, not the shortest routes; consider less hilly roads)
- Pack proper emergency equipment! Have extra cell phone/flashlight batteries, water/snacks, ice scraper, blankets and chains for vehicle tires.
Slow down! Remember, the faster you drive, the longer it takes to stop.
Please click the links below to view important weather related information:
- Warming Centers
- Black Ice on Road and Other Dangerous Snow and Ice Related Conditions on Roadway
- Snow and Ice Treatment or Removal
- Atlanta-Fulton County Emergency Management Agency
- Snow and Ice Level of Readiness and Response Based on Forecasted Weather
- Snow and Ice Response Priorities
- Winter Response Utility Viewer
- Tips for Winterizing Your Home
- Atlanta Fire Rescue Department Offers Fire Safety Tips During Winter Weather
- Cold Weather Prep Bulletin